Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.

EIS running Automation tool

vkherde
Beginner

Hi Team,

After successful installation of EIS software it ran a PCB demo, which I stopped using command: docker stop $(docker ps -a -q) , Later I followed below commands:

$ cd automation`

$ chmod +x run.sh`

$ sudo ./run.sh`

However it is causing below error:

ERROR: for ia_telegraf  Cannot start service ia_telegraf: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:349: starting container process caused "process_linux.go:449: container init caused \"rootfs_linux.go:58: mounting \\\"/home/ubuntu/Downloads/EdgeInsightsSoftware-v2.2.1-PV/IEdgeInsights/docker_setup/config/telegraf.conf\\\" to rootfs \\\"/var/lib/docker/overlay2/0c515c1470d0ca4d82e15d1ab8c426857c4f15e75dcaf20a49af8a0c979ccfdf/merged\\\" at \\\"/var/lib/docker/overlay2/0c515c1470d0ca4d82e15d1ab8c426857c4f15e75dcaf20a49af8a0c979ccfdf/merged/etc/Telegraf/telegraf.conf\\\" caused \\\"not a directory\\\"\"": unknown: Are you trying to mount a directory onto a file (or vice-versa)? Check if the specified host path exists and is the expected type

Please suggest how to rectify this error?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Murni_J_Intel

Hi @vkherde 

Seems like some configuration is missing, 

[Mon Jul 20 08:32:09 2020] WARN:get_config_value:138: JSON does not contain key: scale_ratio 

from the logs, seems like scale_ratio parameter is not there. 

To solve this you can try below step:

1. open the etcd UI, (http://127.0.0.1:7070/etcdkeeper) 

2. On the VideoIngestion/config you need to put the scale under UDF

"udfs": [
{
"n_left_px": 1000,
"n_right_px": 1000,
"n_total_px": 300000,
"name": "pcb.pcb_filter",
"scale_ratio": 4,
"training_mode": "false",
"type": "python"
}
]

3. after done you can save the changes. 

if the problem is persist, please help to give me logs on that two container again. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Murni_J_Intel

Hi vkherde, 

Let me take a look on this issue and get back to you as soon as possible

0 Kudos
Murni_J_Intel

Hi, 

For this issue, you can try to first bring up all containers (streaming + time series) use case. 

After done, you need to copy below file to replace the existing file at automation/src folder respectively.

1. IEdgeInsights/docker_setup/docker-compose.yml  -> copy it to automation/pcb/

2. IEdgeInsights/docker_setup/samples/docker-compose-timeseries-usecase.yml  -> copy it to time-series-analysis/docker-compose.yml

Next, you can run sudo ./run.sh command at the automation folder. 

if the issue still persists, I need your help to provide me the details logs by using docker logs -f <container_name> command, so that I can get more details information on this error. 

0 Kudos
vkherde
Beginner

Hi @Murni_J_Intel 

I tried the above solution which resolved the error however, my EIS visualizer app opens and remains in disconnected state. Attaching the screen shot for the same. Please let me know if any of the logs are also required.

0 Kudos
Murni_J_Intel

HI @vkherde 

I think it is because you are running for both PCB and time-series-analysis. It has been stated on the read me If you run the automation for both modules PCB and time-series-analysis, the demo will be displayed for PCB sample then exits while doing setup for time-series-analysis module. The demo will show 'Disconnected' for time-series-analysis module. 

do let me know if you need any further clarification on this. 

0 Kudos
Murni_J_Intel

Hi @vkherde 

Just checking, did you already solved the problem on your side?

0 Kudos
vkherde
Beginner

Hi @Murni_J_Intel 

No, the issue remains same, when I try to bring up the dockers using command $docker-compose up --build -d for pcb demo, visualizer app starts but the stream is disconnected, and same happens if I use automation tool using command $sudo ./run.sh. and I also removed time-series entry from automation config file. The test executes saying successful but the stream is always disconnected. attaching the screenshot for same.

0 Kudos
Murni_J_Intel

Hi @vkherde 

Can you help to provide me the logs of visualizer?

you can get the logs by using docker logs -f <visualizer_container_name>

I will further check once received the logs

0 Kudos
vkherde
Beginner

Hi @Murni_J_Intel 

Please find attached the logs for ia_visualizer and ia_video_ingestion.

Thanks

Vaibhav

0 Kudos
Murni_J_Intel

Hi @vkherde 

Seems like some configuration is missing, 

[Mon Jul 20 08:32:09 2020] WARN:get_config_value:138: JSON does not contain key: scale_ratio 

from the logs, seems like scale_ratio parameter is not there. 

To solve this you can try below step:

1. open the etcd UI, (http://127.0.0.1:7070/etcdkeeper) 

2. On the VideoIngestion/config you need to put the scale under UDF

"udfs": [
{
"n_left_px": 1000,
"n_right_px": 1000,
"n_total_px": 300000,
"name": "pcb.pcb_filter",
"scale_ratio": 4,
"training_mode": "false",
"type": "python"
}
]

3. after done you can save the changes. 

if the problem is persist, please help to give me logs on that two container again. 

0 Kudos
vkherde
Beginner

Hi @Murni_J_Intel 

I am unable to open etcd UI using address: (http://127.0.0.1:7070/etcdkeeper).

Error: This Site can't be reached. 

I have installed EIS in developer mode. Attaching logs for ia_etcd_ui

0 Kudos
Murni_J_Intel

Hi @vkherde 

can you access the etcd Web UI previously?

you can check on the .env file at [repo/docker_setup] directory to ensure the "Dev_mode" parameter is true. after that, you can provision the device again and re-run the automation script.

0 Kudos