Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
422 Discussions

Intel ESDQ installation issue

LingIs
Novice

* O/S - Ubuntu Desktop 22.04.4

* Download : edge-software-device-qualification-11.0.0 & intel_edge_aibox

I followed the following steps to install ESDQ.

Screenshot from 2024-04-24 17-17-57.pngScreenshot from 2024-04-24 17-18-31.png

After the installation was completed and I ran the esdq module list command, the following message appeared, but my installation message was successful.

Screenshot from 2024-04-24 17-14-41.pngScreenshot from 2024-04-24 15-37-19.png

I would like to ask what went wrong?

Also I want to ask when I run sudo apt update &
sudo apt install ros-humble-amr-esdq command, but the following message appears.

Screenshot from 2024-04-24 17-25-52.png

I have the above two questions, thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Zulkifli_Intel

Hi,

The steps in the guide are meant to be followed after installing Intel Robotics SDK formally known as Intel Edge Insights for AMR. Please install Intel Robotics SDK by following the Getting Started Guide instructions.

It is very important that the right kernel is installed and that the system is prepared as mentioned in the guide. Part of the preparation steps is to configure the eci repository which contains the ros-humble-amr-esdq package.

Regards,

Zul

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Iffa_Intel

Hi,

just to be sure, did you navigate to the directory of Intel ESDQ before running the esdq command?

You need to navigate to the ESDQ dir before running the command (this depends on where you place the dir):

cd ~/esdq

Check ESDQ version:

esdq --version

Try to run esdq module list command again, this time within the ESDQ dir

Cordially,

Iffa

0 Kudos
LingIs
Novice

Thank you for your reply!!

There is also the second question described above about ''sudo apt install ros-humble-amr-esdq'' command, thank you!

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Hi,

we'll clarify this and get back to you asap.

Thank you for your patience.

Cordially,

Iffa

0 Kudos
Zulkifli_Intel

Hi,

The steps in the guide are meant to be followed after installing Intel Robotics SDK formally known as Intel Edge Insights for AMR. Please install Intel Robotics SDK by following the Getting Started Guide instructions.

It is very important that the right kernel is installed and that the system is prepared as mentioned in the guide. Part of the preparation steps is to configure the eci repository which contains the ros-humble-amr-esdq package.

Regards,

Zul

0 Kudos
LingIs
Novice

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I will try it.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Zulkifli_Intel

Hi,

Have you been able to install Intel Robotics SDK by following the Getting Started Guide instructions?

Regards,

Zul

0 Kudos
LingIs
Novice

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't tested it yet because I haven't prepared the equipment yet, sorry.

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Hi,

If you don't have other inquiries, shall we proceed to closing this thread?

Cordially,

Iffa

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Hi,

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Cordially,

Iffa