Intel® Edge Software Hub
Get answers from community peers to your questions about building Edge Software Hub solutions for edge compute node.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community! If you like the answer to your question, please mark it as 'Accepted Solution' to help others.

The Edge Software Vision Package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is now available here.

Learn more about developing on Intel® Hardware and Software here.
401 Discussions

Intel® Edge Software: max workers

Mauricio
Novice

Hi!

I would like to know how to use the option called "max_workers" in EII.

I have set it to "4" and it seems that the udf's are output out of order.

Should I sort the frames using the "frame_number" key?, or maybe there is some setting to set the output as "sorted".

Thank you,

Mauricio.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi Mauricio,

The max_workers parameter is for setting up the thread while processing to work with more than 1 thread. When we use multi-thread, the execution will be asynchronous to speed up the process. Setting max_workers to more than 1 and maintaining the synchronous process will affect the performance and defeat the main purpose of using max_workers.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi Mauricio,

Changing max_workers to something other than 1 does affect the image sequence as mentioned in the documentation.

Set the max_workers value to 1 as "max_workers":1 in the config.json files for VideoIngestion/config.json and VideoIngestion/config.json. This is to ensure that the images sequence is maintained. If the max_workers is set more than 1, then more likely the images would be out of order due to those many multiple threads operating asynchronously.

I'll need to investigate further if there is a way to maintain the image sequence after increasing the max_workers value. Let me look into it and get back to you.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi Mauricio,

The max_workers parameter is for setting up the thread while processing to work with more than 1 thread. When we use multi-thread, the execution will be asynchronous to speed up the process. Setting max_workers to more than 1 and maintaining the synchronous process will affect the performance and defeat the main purpose of using max_workers.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

0 Kudos