Intel® Embree Ray Tracing Kernels
Discussion forum on the open source ray tracing kernels for fast photo-realistic rendering on Intel® CPU(s)

VS 2010 Link Error

scottiebizzle
Beginner
I'm compiling with VS2010 in Win7 using vmware on a Macbook Air ( I know, I know... ) and everything compiles ok but the embree project fails to link.

Creating library \\\\vmware-host\\Shared Folders\\Desktop\\embree-1.0\\\\x64\\Release\\embree.lib and object \\\\vmware-host\\Shared Folders\\Desktop\\embree-1.0\\\\x64\\Release\\embree.exp

renderer.lib(api.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class embree::Ref __cdecl embree::rtcCreateAccel(char const *,struct embree::BuildTriangle const *,unsigned __int64)" (?rtcCreateAccel@embree@@YA?AV?$Ref@VIntersector@embree@@@1@PEBDPEBUBuildTriangle@1@_K@Z) referenced in function rtNewScene

\\\\vmware-host\\Shared Folders\\Desktop\\embree-1.0\\\\x64\\Release\\embree.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

I could have sworn this built an EXE the first time I tried, then I put in some debug argument in the project and rebuilt and it would not link. I tried redownloading and same problem. Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SvenW_Intel
Looks like a problem with Visual Studio in your environment. Can you check that Incremental Linking is disabled for the Embree project in your setup?
Can you also double check if the Renderer project references the rtcore project in your version?
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
I'm compiling with VS2010 in Win7 using vmware on a Macbook Air ( I know, I know... ) and everything compiles ok but the embree project fails to link.

Creating library \\vmware-host\Shared Folders\Desktop\embree-1.0\\x64\Release\embree.lib and object \\vmware-host\Shared Folders\Desktop\embree-1.0\\x64\Release\embree.exp

renderer.lib(api.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class embree::Ref

[SergeyK] Please verify that both classes are declared as exported and they are used as imported.

embree::Intersector> __cdecl embree::rtcCreateAccel(char const *,struct embree::BuildTriangle const *,unsigned __int64)" (?rtcCreateAccel@embree@@YA?AV?$Ref@VIntersector@embree@@@1@PEBDPEBUBuildTriangle@1@_K@Z) referenced in function rtNewScene

\\vmware-host\Shared Folders\Desktop\embree-1.0\\x64\Release\embree.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

...then I put in some debug argument in the project and rebuilt and it would not link...

[SergeyK] What a debug argumentdid you put in the project?

Best regards,
Sergey

0 Kudos