Intel® Embree Ray Tracing Kernels
Discussion forum on the open source ray tracing kernels for fast photo-realistic rendering on Intel® CPU(s)

motion blur

Pengyuan_D_
Beginner

dear all, i am a green hand in embree,i have just use the Embree Example renderer for a few days,i can use the .ecs file to render an .obj file,but i need to realize the motion blur effect with a .obj,           so i wander how to render a motion blur image with a .obj file.   thanx

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SvenW_Intel

Ok, sorry, I was wrong. The example renderer is no longer developed actively, thus I did not look into the code for a long time. Linear motion blur is supported, but only through the XML file format. Have a look at that motion_sphere.xml file. There is a motion vector that specifies motions for each vertex of a triangle mesh. Motion blur is not possible with the OBJ file format. Also multi segment motion blur is not supported.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SvenW_Intel

The Embree example renderer does not support motion blur.

0 Kudos
Pengyuan_D_
Beginner

ok...but i have used the Embree Example renderer ​to render the motion_sphere.xml and got a picture with motion blur effect in it.how is that

0 Kudos
SvenW_Intel

Ok, sorry, I was wrong. The example renderer is no longer developed actively, thus I did not look into the code for a long time. Linear motion blur is supported, but only through the XML file format. Have a look at that motion_sphere.xml file. There is a motion vector that specifies motions for each vertex of a triangle mesh. Motion blur is not possible with the OBJ file format. Also multi segment motion blur is not supported.

0 Kudos
Pengyuan_D_
Beginner

Sven Woop (Intel) wrote:

thanks very much
0 Kudos