Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.

Arria 10 Power Analyzer Tool

AMzid1
Beginner

I am trying to measure the energy consumption for Arria 10 FPGA board using the power analyzer java tool. After opening the program and choosing the version, the program outputs that the board is connected, but then the program stops working, i.e. it remains open and shows initial current and power values but then no graph is displayed and no interaction is possible with the java program.

I am using the 19.3 SDK version.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

May I know which power analyzer tool ( version) ( qpa) you are using. If you have the link that will be really helpful for me to check .

how you have connected the power analyzer tool to Board.

AMzid1
Beginner
0 Kudos
AMzid1
Beginner

The power analyzer tool was connected using the hardwar jTAG USB cable. I am not sure whether the problem is related to the backend (energy consumption cannot be measured for some reason) or to the frontend part (it is measured but cannot be displayed).

If there is any recommended java version I could try using it.

PS: The app log is completely normal, it just shows that the board was connected and some other info strings, no warnings or errors were displayed.

I really hope to get this problem solved asap, and thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

I just check from back end as of now no problems was reported for the above , and I also tried to recreate the issue but unfortunately it work for me perfectectly

0 Kudos