Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1143 Discussions

Arria V product registration

stevemr
Beginner

I have an Arria V dev kit, purchased in 2015. I'm trying to license it on a new PC. The serial # on the dev kit is on the side of the box, but when I try to register this in the Intel reg center, it tells me the format is not correct. The old Altera serial # does not seem to conform to the Intel requirement. I understand that this dev board is discontinued, but is it possible to register this board so that I can then acquire a Quartus software license for it? 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. Could you provide the following for further checking?

Name:

Email Address:

Company/University Name:

Dev kit OPN :

Serial Number :

You can reply/attach your file in private message.

0 Kudos
stevemr
Beginner

Hi,

My info is;

steve.reine@analog.com

Analog Devices

I'm not sure what you mean by OPN, is that part #?, if so - DK-START-5AGXB3N

SN 5AGXSK00006181

thanks!

Steve

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Done checking with customer service team, the license is tagged to steve.reine@analog.com and expired on 8/2016. Upon checking, your license is for Development Kits edition. Regrettably, Development Kits edition license has a expire date that unable to be renew. This means you will lose access to the license/compilation.

Kindly contact your nearest Intel salesperson or distributor to purchase a valid Quartus license.

To order by phone:

>>In the United States and Canada, call Telesales at 1-888-800-0631.

>>Outside the United States or Canada, contact your local sales representative or distributor.

Please find the contact for our sales and distributor from link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html  

0 Kudos
stevemr
Beginner

Is it possible to update this license to something other than a dev kit license and still be able to use the Arria V DK-Start-5AGXB3N dev board?

thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Steve

No. Regrettably, the license is not able for an update. We apologize for the inconvenience happened.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We have not heard from you and I hope that my last note clears up this matter. If you don’t have any further question, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos
mistersinha
Beginner

Nice

0 Kudos