Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Arria V product registration

stevemr
Beginner

I have an Arria V dev kit, purchased in 2015. I'm trying to license it on a new PC. The serial # on the dev kit is on the side of the box, but when I try to register this in the Intel reg center, it tells me the format is not correct. The old Altera serial # does not seem to conform to the Intel requirement. I understand that this dev board is discontinued, but is it possible to register this board so that I can then acquire a Quartus software license for it? 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. Could you provide the following for further checking?

Name:

Email Address:

Company/University Name:

Dev kit OPN :

Serial Number :

You can reply/attach your file in private message.

stevemr
Beginner

Hi,

My info is;

steve.reine@analog.com

Analog Devices

I'm not sure what you mean by OPN, is that part #?, if so - DK-START-5AGXB3N

SN 5AGXSK00006181

thanks!

Steve

AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Done checking with customer service team, the license is tagged to steve.reine@analog.com and expired on 8/2016. Upon checking, your license is for Development Kits edition. Regrettably, Development Kits edition license has a expire date that unable to be renew. This means you will lose access to the license/compilation.

Kindly contact your nearest Intel salesperson or distributor to purchase a valid Quartus license.

To order by phone:

>>In the United States and Canada, call Telesales at 1-888-800-0631.

>>Outside the United States or Canada, contact your local sales representative or distributor.

Please find the contact for our sales and distributor from link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html  

stevemr
Beginner

Is it possible to update this license to something other than a dev kit license and still be able to use the Arria V DK-Start-5AGXB3N dev board?

thanks,

Steve

AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Steve

No. Regrettably, the license is not able for an update. We apologize for the inconvenience happened.

AR_A_Intel
Employee

We have not heard from you and I hope that my last note clears up this matter. If you don’t have any further question, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

mistersinha
Beginner

Nice