Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1150 Discussions

Beckhoff (745C) Ethercat flex license set up support.

SatishK
Beginner

We have purchased ETHERCAT 1810/12 flex licenses from Vendor Beckhoff (745C), . We are struggling to setup the license file on server to use with Intel Quartus Prime lite edition. We need binaries to install and set up the license file. Can you please help. we tried to set up license file using some documentation from Intel but the license services goes down automatically after some time and we have to manually restart it.

Ethercat /Beckhoff support team mentioned that they do not support server licensing and asked us to contact intel support. Looking forward for your support to get the license file installed properly.

Quartus Prime Lite Edition - error.jpg

Quartus Prime Lite Edition - snap.jpg 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to Intel forum. Could you help to reconfirm the license setup again. You can refer to link below for more detailed instructions for Setting up a license.

https://www.altera.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_US/pdfs/literature/manual/quartus_install.pdf             

You can also refer this following YouTube for license setup. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob9ei5lMgGE   

Let me know if this information is helpful.

0 Kudos
SatishK
Beginner

Hello Team,

The license file is set up as per the instructions. 

The debug file showing the  license check in and Check out, however user is still getting the  “Time Limited” sof file output.

Attached herewith the logs and error snap. Can you please check and help. Please let me know if you can be available for troubleshooting meeting, I will schedule as  per your availability.

Best Regards

Satish Khakare

0 Kudos
SatishK
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you very much for the documentation and video link. I have shared the detail with our license management team and they are working on it.

Will let you know if that works.

Best Regards,

Satish K

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

To further understand the issue, could you get me the:

1) assembler report .asm.rpt file

2) Error message screen shot

3) Screenshot of Quartus II>>tools>>license setup

4) Machine OS information

5) Quartus version used

6) Output of “lmutil lmstat –a –c <port>@<address>” server and client

7) License.dat file (Questa)

For privacy, reply/attach file in private message.

0 Kudos
SatishK
Beginner

Hello Team,

Can you please share the email ID or location where I can share the information privately, I am getting emails from Intel Community <noreply@community-mail.intel.com> to which I think I can not respond to.

For privacy, reply/attach file in private message. - can you help with this, how can I do this.

1) assembler report .asm.rpt file - will share once I know how to attached it privately or has any email ID to share with.

2) Error message screen shot - Attached herewith 

3) Screenshot of Quartus II>>tools>>license setup - Attached herewith 

4) Machine OS information - Client - Windows 10 , Server - Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard

5) Quartus version used - 2016.10

6) Output of “lmutil lmstat –a –c <port>@<address>” server and client -will share once I know how to attached it privately or has any email ID to share with.

7) License.dat file (Questa) - we are using the license file from Bechkoff Ethercat  , will share once I know how to attached it privately or has any email ID to share with.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We PM you a private message.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Continue support in private message mail. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos