Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1153 Discussions

Can I delete a host name in order to regenerate a new license?

RandyR
New Contributor I

I have been graciously provided with a set of Quartus Prime Standard Edition licenses to use with my univerisity course.  The licenses allowed 3 rehosts.

I entered information for one student's computer without checking if there were any rehosts left for that license (there were not).  When I try to generate another license, the self service licensing center says that the host name already exists.

How can I delete an existing host name in the system in order to create a new license?

Many thanks, Randy Robinson

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks for update. Our customer service team has help rehost the license to F640BB2539C9 and restore the re-host count back to 3.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. To further checking, could you advice detail:

End username:

Email Address:

Company/University Name:

Address:

Wanted to delete HOSTID/NICID:

You can also reply/attach your file in private message.

0 Kudos
RandyR
New Contributor I

Thanks for the response.  As I am the instructor, I suppose all licenses are actually under my name, but I will supply both my name and the student name.  I have also attached the last license sent (this license does not work).

I believe the problem was caused by me, I attempted to rehost a license that had no more rehost attempts.  A license was returned with the new HOSTID but with an old NIC address.  As there is no way for me to remove the HOSTID, I am unable to reissue a valid license.

This request is somewhat time sensitive, as the semester has started, so anything you can do to resolve this quickly is greatly appreciated.

My name and email:  Randy Robinson, loro9801@colorado.edu

Student's name:  Abiel Tewolde

University:  University of Colorado, Boulder

Address:  Boulder, Colorado

Want to delete HOSTID:  DESKTOP-508459P

The license I need should be generated with the HOSTID DESKTOP-508459P and NIC ID of F640BB2539C9.

Many thanks, Randy Robinson

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks for update. Our customer service team has help rehost the license to F640BB2539C9 and restore the re-host count back to 3.

0 Kudos
RandyR
New Contributor I

Many thanks, much appreciated.

R Robinson

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

You're welcome, it's been my pleasure helping you. Hope all is well. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos