Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
856 Discussions

Can I delete a host name in order to regenerate a new license?

RandyR
New Contributor I

I have been graciously provided with a set of Quartus Prime Standard Edition licenses to use with my univerisity course.  The licenses allowed 3 rehosts.

I entered information for one student's computer without checking if there were any rehosts left for that license (there were not).  When I try to generate another license, the self service licensing center says that the host name already exists.

How can I delete an existing host name in the system in order to create a new license?

Many thanks, Randy Robinson

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks for update. Our customer service team has help rehost the license to F640BB2539C9 and restore the re-host count back to 3.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. To further checking, could you advice detail:

End username:

Email Address:

Company/University Name:

Address:

Wanted to delete HOSTID/NICID:

You can also reply/attach your file in private message.

RandyR
New Contributor I

Thanks for the response.  As I am the instructor, I suppose all licenses are actually under my name, but I will supply both my name and the student name.  I have also attached the last license sent (this license does not work).

I believe the problem was caused by me, I attempted to rehost a license that had no more rehost attempts.  A license was returned with the new HOSTID but with an old NIC address.  As there is no way for me to remove the HOSTID, I am unable to reissue a valid license.

This request is somewhat time sensitive, as the semester has started, so anything you can do to resolve this quickly is greatly appreciated.

My name and email:  Randy Robinson, loro9801@colorado.edu

Student's name:  Abiel Tewolde

University:  University of Colorado, Boulder

Address:  Boulder, Colorado

Want to delete HOSTID:  DESKTOP-508459P

The license I need should be generated with the HOSTID DESKTOP-508459P and NIC ID of F640BB2539C9.

Many thanks, Randy Robinson

AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks for update. Our customer service team has help rehost the license to F640BB2539C9 and restore the re-host count back to 3.

RandyR
New Contributor I

Many thanks, much appreciated.

R Robinson

AR_A_Intel
Employee

You're welcome, it's been my pleasure helping you. Hope all is well. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you