Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1154 Discussions

Cannot access self-service license center

Boslong
Novice

Cannot access the license center. Per Intel online chat support, my account is set up properly and should be able to access license center. I'm asked to post questions here for FPGA related support.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

HI

Could you log-in again to SSLC. If still can’t sign-in, could you help to register again using the new email address. Based on my understanding, basically customer needs to register for 2 account

o           Step 1 : register for normal Intel account

o           Step 2 : register for PSG account

Could you help check and register again, guidance

1.          Kindly proceed to this LINK https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/my-intel/fpga-sign-in.html?redirect=/content/www/us/en/secure/my-intel/dashboard.html    

2.          Click the Register now for an individual account

3.          You will be brought to the registration form. Fill in the first name, last name, business email address and username.

4.          You should be able to see the error message “Email is already registered. Enter a new email or Sign In”. Please click on the “Sign In” link.

5.          You will be taken back to the FPGA registration form. The form will be updated with your profile, please enter additional info required to register for FPGA account.

6.          Complete the form and the FPGA basic access will be added into your <login_id> account.

7.          Login again and you should be able to see Intel FPGA links within My Intel > My Tools. For example, the Self-Service Licensing Center link.

8.   Done.

0 Kudos
Boslong
Novice

Hi, 

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, I'm still not able to access licensing, nothing seems to have changed. I was able to and can still see the "Self-Service Licensing Center" link in "My Tools", but when I click it, the following error message "Account Required" pops up. After clicking the link in step 2 "Complete registration", it loops back to the same page and that's where things are stuck. All I need is the free license for the starter FPGA software. 

Boslong_0-1640558402529.png

Could you also kindly clarify your instruction "could you help to register again using the new email address"? What "new email address" should I use, can I register again using a personal email address for the free license?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Could you provide details below for checking.

Name :

Email Address :

Company Name :

Company Address :

NICID(Mac Add) :

computer name:

And for privacy, you can reply/attach your file in private message

0 Kudos
Boslong
Novice

I'm not sure how to post private message, I don't see an option.

I thought the self licensing is supposed to a simple streamlined process, I don't want to turn it into a back and forth IT project. I'd rather seek alternative software if it requires so much complex steps for simple self service licensing anyway.

AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

We sent you a private message.

0 Kudos
RFI
New Contributor I

Can you send me one? I am having the same issue, as are many, it would be helpful if the resolution was posted publically, these threads seem to end in private messages. thank you.

MunroW
Beginner

The same for me too. I'll take a private message to get a quick fix, if you cannot post publicly.

0 Kudos
MunroW
Beginner

One of my work colleagues gets a sensible response at https://licensing.intel.com/psg/s/ , but another doesn't. They were able to get a licence generated for me as a workaround.

0 Kudos
tkunkel
Beginner

Can you send me a message too to reset my account?  I have been unable to access my account for the past several years and calls to support do not seem to help.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
RFI
New Contributor I

I was able to generate a license here, even thought there seems to be some new license center.

https://licensing.intel.com/eval-free-licenses

I was unable to get it to work however, even with setting the LM_LICENSE_FILE variable to the folder in which I put my license.

RFI_0-1642516301886.png

running 

C:\Users\RF>lmutil lmdiag
lmutil - Copyright (c) 1989-2019 Flexera. All Rights Reserved.
FlexNet diagnostics on Mon 1/17/2022 12:06

-----------------------------------------------------
License file: C:\Users\RF\AppData\Roaming/XilinxLicense\Xilinx - Copy.lic
"XC7Z020_EMBEDDED" v2022.03, vendor: xilinxd, expiry: permanent(no expiration date)
vendor_string: rforsyth@rfimages.com,XC7Z020_EMBEDDED,software,permanent,_200503949_208823071_210739961_606
uncounted nodelocked license, locked to ethernet address "b89a2a3a225d" no expiration date

TS_OK: Checkout permitted when client is using terminal client

This is the correct node for this node-locked license

Any help?

0 Kudos
RFI
New Contributor I

I was able to resolve this by adding the license file name to the environment variable path, not just the directory.

That is:

<License file folder path> /license.dat  

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks for your update information. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos