Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1155 Discussions

Cannot run Questa Starter edition -- cannot check out "intelqsimstarter license"

WWood7
Beginner

Hi, I recently got a license for Quartus Prime Pro 22.4 (Windows version) and more recently checked out a free license for "FPGA Starter Edition SW-QUESTA."  The Questa program returns an error and quits.  It says I cannot checkout a "intelqsimstarter" license. Can you help me? I got another license just to see if it worked better, but it didn't help. (It is LP-117029). Error message attached.

Last year I had an earlier version of Quartus installed and had no problems running Questa.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. Currently, Intel does not support work with PC via RDP (Remote Desktop) session for ModelSim and QuestaSim software. Please refer to the Mentor Graphics* ModelSim and QuestaSim Support chapter of the Intel Quartus Prime Handbook.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/gft1513990268888.html#mwh1410383443743   

Under “Unsupported Features” tab.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
WWood7
Beginner

I think I found the problem. I was trying to run Questa using Remote Desktop Connection from the laptop in my office. If I run Questa on the actual lab computer where it is installed, I do not get this error. It works fine. This is a FLEX_LM error, I believe.

I wonder if this can be fixed. Before I updated to QPP 22.4, I used to be able to run Questa from my office without difficulty. Something has changed. Can you help? It's very inconvenient not to be able to remote to my lab.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. Currently, Intel does not support work with PC via RDP (Remote Desktop) session for ModelSim and QuestaSim software. Please refer to the Mentor Graphics* ModelSim and QuestaSim Support chapter of the Intel Quartus Prime Handbook.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/gft1513990268888.html#mwh1410383443743   

Under “Unsupported Features” tab.

0 Kudos
WWood7
Beginner
0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks for your update, hope all is well. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos