Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1143 Discussions

Empty license file for Questa FPGA Starter Edition

ditto
Beginner

Hi,

I've tried generating the SW-QUESTA and SW-QUARTUS-WE-FIX licenses multiple times, but each time the .dat file is missing the "Questa part".  These are invalid licenses and thus Questa won't launch.

I attached the full license I received.  Also, below, I copied and pasted the relevant "Questa part" of the license file I received when I generated the SW-QUESTA license:

################################################################################
# FEATURE START
# This is license file for Questasim*-Intel® FPGA Starter Edition
# Number of seat licenses is 1
# License Expires 17-May-2023
# FEATURE END
################################################################################

Notice there is nothing in between the FEATURE START and FEATURE END tags.  A valid license would have a FEATURE tag between them.

Is the Self-Service License Center broken right now?

How can I get a valid Questa FPGA Starter Edition license?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Zawani_M_Intel
Employee

Hi ditto,

There are issue with Questa license generated recently.
I believe that the issue has been resolved.

Could you help to apply again Questa license in Self Service Licensing Center https://licensing.intel.com/psg/s/ ?

This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts.
Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread.

Thank you.
Wani

0 Kudos