Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

How can i see my directory?

MAsla5
Beginner

The problem i am facing is, trying to access FPGA and want to see the relevant directory. FPGA is installed on the remote machine. I am in my pool and want to see OPENCL fpga directories to run my own kernel functions. Please could you guide how can i access?

FPGA : aria 10

Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know the information as below:

1. OS used on remote machine
  2. Open SDK version

Also, may I know do you have setup for Arria 10GX FPGA Development board as link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/an/an807.pdf

Thanks

MAsla5
Beginner

Hi ,

Thanks for your response...

The remote machine OS is: Opensuse leap

version is : 15.0

Everything is installed on remote machine relevant to FPGA and OPENCL.

Now the problem is , when i run this command:  aoc device/hello_world.cl -o bin/hello_world.aocx -board=pac_a10

it says , command 'aoc' not found.

Do i missing something ?? I am just running this command from ssh on remote machine. .. Could you guide what i am missing regarding opencl? or relevant to this command?

Thanks!

MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I would llke to confirm with you, may I know what device you are using? The device use is Intel PAC with Arria 10GX FPGA or Arria 10GX FPGA? Since I saw in the command you are writing in pac_a10.

May I know which OpenCL SDK version you are using?

Thanks

MAsla5
Beginner

Hi,

I am not stuck there any more, but i have another question, I am not able to see report.html . This is what i am able to see but no report directory has been generated.

report_vector_add.png

In image below , you can see no report directory is visible. I don't know why it's not generated?

I am invoking this command:

aoc -v device/vector_add.cl -report -o bin/vector_add.aocx=pac_a10

no_report.html_generated.png

NOTE:: I am accessing it via ssh on my local PC.

Thanks!

MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I would like to confirm which OpenCL SDK version you are using?

Thanks

MAsla5
Beginner

Hi,

Here, you can find the version ...

sdk_version.png

Thank!

MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The OS: Opensuse leap 15.0 is not supported and validated in Intel PAC with Arria 10GX FPGA.

According to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/products/boards_and_kits/dev-kits/altera/accele..., the OS supported to Intel PAC with Arria 10GX is RHEL 7.4, CentOS 7.4, Ubuntu 16.04.

Thanks