Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.

How can i see my directory?

MAsla5
Beginner

The problem i am facing is, trying to access FPGA and want to see the relevant directory. FPGA is installed on the remote machine. I am in my pool and want to see OPENCL fpga directories to run my own kernel functions. Please could you guide how can i access?

FPGA : aria 10

Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know the information as below:

1. OS used on remote machine
  2. Open SDK version

Also, may I know do you have setup for Arria 10GX FPGA Development board as link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/an/an807.pdf

Thanks

0 Kudos
MAsla5
Beginner

Hi ,

Thanks for your response...

The remote machine OS is: Opensuse leap

version is : 15.0

Everything is installed on remote machine relevant to FPGA and OPENCL.

Now the problem is , when i run this command:  aoc device/hello_world.cl -o bin/hello_world.aocx -board=pac_a10

it says , command 'aoc' not found.

Do i missing something ?? I am just running this command from ssh on remote machine. .. Could you guide what i am missing regarding opencl? or relevant to this command?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I would llke to confirm with you, may I know what device you are using? The device use is Intel PAC with Arria 10GX FPGA or Arria 10GX FPGA? Since I saw in the command you are writing in pac_a10.

May I know which OpenCL SDK version you are using?

Thanks

0 Kudos
MAsla5
Beginner

Hi,

I am not stuck there any more, but i have another question, I am not able to see report.html . This is what i am able to see but no report directory has been generated.

report_vector_add.png

In image below , you can see no report directory is visible. I don't know why it's not generated?

I am invoking this command:

aoc -v device/vector_add.cl -report -o bin/vector_add.aocx=pac_a10

no_report.html_generated.png

NOTE:: I am accessing it via ssh on my local PC.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I would like to confirm which OpenCL SDK version you are using?

Thanks

0 Kudos
MAsla5
Beginner

Hi,

Here, you can find the version ...

sdk_version.png

Thank!

0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The OS: Opensuse leap 15.0 is not supported and validated in Intel PAC with Arria 10GX FPGA.

According to https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/products/boards_and_kits/dev-kits/altera/acceleration-card-arria-10-gx/getting-started.html, the OS supported to Intel PAC with Arria 10GX is RHEL 7.4, CentOS 7.4, Ubuntu 16.04.

Thanks

0 Kudos