I have the following questions:
1. A Quartus Prime Lite version is sufficient for my FPGA design. Can I use only the Lite version in my company for commercial products without paying for the licence (as Lite version is free).
2. In case I buy a licence for Quartus Prime Standard version, I see that its mentioned "Includes subscription software updates for one year". Does this mean the licence expires after a year? Is this not a perpetual / permanent licence?
3. If I do not need any software upgrades after 1 year, can I still continue using the same version of Quartus Prime Standard without paying for the licence in the next year?
Welcome to INTEL forum. Answer to you question
1. Intel only offers the entry-level for Intel® Quartus® Prime Lite Edition software. This software supports selected devices, provides limited feature support and Quartus lite only generate a time_limited.sof file not for commercial products. Refer for device support https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software/programmable/quartus-prime/download.html
2. For Quartus Prime Standard version it is a perpetual / permanent license, only licenses for development kits are non-perpetual licenses. Licenses for other software’s are perpetual licenses.
3. The license is backward compatible. It will support any version released prior to maintenance expiry date even if it's expired, you can continue using the same version of Quartus Prime Standard license next year.
For more you could refer to Licensing Questions and Answers link https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/download/licensing/q-...
I hope all is well. We have not heard from you and I hope that my last note clears up this matter. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you