Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1193 Discussions

Licence for Questa*-Intel® FPGA Starter Edition SW-QUESTA

ETottenham
Beginner

Hello,

When  setting up the request for the licence for the "Questa*-Intel® FPGA Starter Edition SW-QUESTA" product, I entered the wrong NIC address (the NIC address of the Metered Connection, rather than the real Ethernet connection). The resulting license file doesn't work, it fails to check out the license for "intelqsimstarter", which is, I guess, to be expected.

I tried to generate a new request with the correct NIC, but the resulting license.dat file contains no INCREMENT fields, just:

################################################################################
# FEATURE START
# This is license file for Questasim*-Intel FPGA Starter Edition
# Number of seat licenses is 1
# License Expires 30-Aug-2024
# FEATURE END
################################################################################

Rather than:

# FEATURE START
# This is license file for Questasim*-Intel FPGA Starter Edition
# Number of seat licenses is 1
# License Expires 30-Aug-2024
INCREMENT intelqsimstarter mgcld 2024.01 30-aug-2024 uncounted \
\
CF466F0F94E0C1EA4DC8 VENDOR_STRING=50098238 HOSTID=0492264f1ed9 \
ISSUER=Intel SN=287441713 SIGN2="0C08 6526 D1F0 5856 9BCC C5A2 F981 \
FF6A 1262 C253 6C99 F4FD 8155 8987 3669 05DE 71BA C2D3 D9B0 16A5 1001 \
1074 6DA1 04FE 9717 893D 754E 4534 4C45 E10F"
# FEATURE END

Is there any way to get a license file which will work, or has my error rendered the installation useless.

E. Tottenham

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Welcome to the INTEL forum. We are unable to replicate the error. Could you please assist by requesting or generating a new license file? I have a suspicion that there might have been an issue during the initial generation process. Before proceeding, kindly clear your web browser's cache and temporary internet files. Afterward, please use Google Chrome to generate a new license and test to see if this resolves the problem.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Since we haven't received any response from you, I assume that my previous message has provided the necessary clarification. I will now transfer this conversation to community support. If you have any new queries, please feel free to open a new thread to receive assistance from Intel experts. Alternatively, the community users will be available to assist you further on this existing thread. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

0 Kudos