Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1143 Discussions

Licence not recognized using VPN

Marco_Ferrari
Beginner

Good day, I am IT system engineer and I am providing support to some Collegues who reported  that they are unable to use Quartus Prime version 18.0.1 while they are outside Headquater using VPN client because the licence is not recognized (searching status). The Operating System is Windows 10. As soon as the Colleagues reconnect their workstation in the Headquater's Lan, the licence works fine. Please note that the licence is present on the server and it is seen by the client "Under General->IP setting->Licence Setup-> the licence is set 1800@servername".. I tried to manually insert the server path of the licence, the licence is temporary recognized for around 30 seconds and than stop to work.  Have you any suggestion? Could you help me to solve this problem, please? Thanks for your support, best regards.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. Before further discussion. Can you give me a little background/elaborate on current issue, May I know any error messages, could you provide the error screenshot or any difficulty that could help on understanding this issue?  

0 Kudos
Marco_Ferrari
Beginner

Hello,

in attachment the printscreens. Please note that from Firewall site there is no rescriction applied. From firewall logs everything looks fine.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for your support.

Best regards

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Apologize of the delay happen. I’m guessing that maybe Quartus having problem to fetch license from server due to network latency.

Can you try the following workaround:

Add environment variables FLEXLM_TIMEOUT as variable name and 1000000 for variable value in the client workstation.

This will increase the amount of time for Quartus to wait for a response from the license manager. You can try higher value as well and see how things go.

https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/tools/2016/why-quartus-prime-16-1-failed-to-detect-float-license-.html

0 Kudos
Marco_Ferrari
Beginner

Apolegise for the late reply. I confirm that following your instructions now it is working. Many thanks.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We have not heard from you and It is not recommended to keep a Case idle too long without activities. I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos