Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1182 Discussions

License generation issue for Questasim-Intel FPGA Starter Edition

jasoncc
Beginner

Hi,

I'm having issues generating the free license for the Questasim*-Intel FPGA Starter Edition.

Whenever I try to generate one, the .dat file doesn't contain valid license info.

It only contains this:

Intel Corporation Software and/or Intellectual Property License File

# Intel Corporation Software and/or Intellectual Property License File
# Issued 24 January 2024
# Upgrade to these products will no longer be available after the Maintenance Expiration
# date unless licenses are renewed.
# Fixed Node License
# Primary Machine Name-cclaptop
# Primary Machine ID-NIC ID xxxxxxxxxx
# Companion ID-N/A
# Companion ID 2-NIC ID xxxxxxxxxx
# Product License Summary:
# 2 Questa*-Intel® FPGA Starter Edition (License: SW-QUESTA), 1 Seat(s)
# - Maintenance Expiration of 2025.01
# - License Expires 23-Jan-2025
# 2 Questa*-Intel® FPGA Starter Edition (License: SW-QUESTA), 1 Seat(s)
# - Maintenance Expiration of 2025.01
# - License Expires 23-Jan-2025
################################################################################
# FEATURE START
# This is license file for Questasim*-Intel FPGA Starter Edition
# Number of seat licenses is 1
# License Expires 23-Jan-2025
300 Start date you specified is after the contract active end date.
# FEATURE END
################################################################################
# FEATURE START
# This is license file for Questasim*-Intel FPGA Starter Edition
# Number of seat licenses is 1
# License Expires 23-Jan-2025
300 Start date you specified is after the contract active end date.
# FEATURE END
# End of Intel Corporation Software and/or Intellectual Property License File. Issued 01/24/2024

I've set my environment variable to point to the .dat file but questa complains about being unable to checkout a license. I'm assuming because of the lack of the actual license info in the .dat file and that there is probably an issue with license generation in the self-service licensing center?

@AR_A_Intel

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi. 

There is an issue with license generator recently. A fix has been deployed. Could help to request/regenerate again a new license file in self-service licensing center and try it.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Since we haven't received any response from you, I assume that my previous message has provided the necessary clarification. I will now transfer this conversation to community support. If you have any new queries, please feel free to open a new thread to receive assistance from Intel experts. Alternatively, the community users will be available to assist you further on this existing thread. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

0 Kudos