Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1217 Discussions

Self-service Licensing Center issued empty license for Questa FPGA Starter Edition

wmaddox
Beginner

I received a license for Questa FPGA Starter Edition that consisted only of comments, and lacked the necessary cryptographic elements.  This has apparently happened before, e.g.:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-FPGA-University-Program/Self-Servicing-Center-Generated-License-File-for-QuestaSim-Intel/m-p/1453902#M4637

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-FPGA-Software-Installation/Empty-license-file-for-Questa-FPGA-Starter-Edition/m-p/1385013#M3881

Can someone at Intel get this working again?

Best regards,

--William

Labels (1)
15 Replies
sq3jpm
Beginner

I have also this issue

can anybody help ?

Best Regards

Marek

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Welcome to INTEL forum. To further check could you provide the details

Name :

Email Address :

Company Name :

Company Address :

NICID(Mac Add) :

Also provide the license.dat file

For privacy, reply/attach file in private message.

0 Kudos
sq3jpm
Beginner

Hi AR_A_Intel

i've sent to You in PM all details

Could You give any feedback?

Best Regards

Marek 

0 Kudos
Hoei
Beginner

I also have this problem with Questa Starter Edition

Email Address : lh@measureroad.com

Company Name : MeasureRoad ApS

Company Address : Frederiksborgvej 399, 4000 Roskilde, Denmark

NICID(Mac Add) : f02f74b3bfb6

0 Kudos
BCrowell
Beginner

Count me in on this issue as well. 

0 Kudos
MartijnN
Beginner

Hi,

I seem to be having the same issue. Any info on when this will be fixed?

Kind Regards,

Martijn

0 Kudos
jorgenkrohn
Beginner

I also have the same issue

Regards,

Jørgen

0 Kudos
Brian_S
Beginner

AR_A_Intel, I'm having the issue as well. Tried to message directly, but the site says I've reached the limit of private message.

0 Kudos
HG_AAG
Beginner

I'm also have the same issue.

Tried to generate a 90-day-evaluation license for Standard edition.

Here the section for questa of the license file:

################################################################################
# FEATURE START
# The following is the license file for Questa*-Intel FPGA Edition - Questa Plus
null
# FEATURE END

Regards

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi.

There is an issue with license generator recently. The license generation issue has been resolved. A fix has been deployed. Could help to request/regenerate again a new license file in self-service licensing center and try it.

0 Kudos
Brian_S
Beginner

Thank you, I was able to generate a valid license on 1/12. However, one of my students attempted to generate the Questa license on 1/16 and received another invalid license.

################################################################################
# FEATURE START
# This is license file for Questasim*-Intel FPGA Starter Edition
# Number of seat licenses is 1
# License Expires 15-Jan-2025
300 Start date you specified is after the contract active end date.
# FEATURE END

0 Kudos
BCrowell
Beginner

I have been able to generate a license that works properly. The license generation issue seems to be resolved.

0 Kudos
HG_AAG
Beginner

New license works for Quartus Version 22.1 (Questa 2021.2) but not for Quartus Version 23.1 (Questa 2023.3)

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi. 

There is an issue with license generator recently. Could help to request/regenerate again a new license file in self-service licensing center and try it.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hope everything is working well at your side. I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos