Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1154 Discussions

License of „Quartus Prime Programmer and Tools“ as part of a product

y1kpt
Beginner

What are the license requirements for “Quartus Prime Programmer and Tools”? Is it free to use or do we need an extra license to preinstall it on a productsy?

Details:

We want to install “Quartus Prime Programmer and Tools” on an embedded HW/SW system for updating an Intel Arria 10 SoC in the field via JTAG. Usage conditions:

• Installed package: QuartusProgrammerSetup-20.1.0.711-linux.run
  • Intel download link: https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/20.1/?edition=lite&platform=linux&product=qprogrammer#tabs-4  -->  “Quartus Prime Programmer and Tools”
  • Installed on: X86 PC with Intel Xeon CPU and Debian Linux OS
  • Usage: Programming an Intel Arria 10 SoC via USB-JTAG. The Arria 10 SoC is also part of the product.
  • Used JTAG Programmer: Embedded JTAG USB blaster based on MAX 5 and FTDI integrated into the Arria 10 board.
  • The embedded JTAG USB blaster was licensed from Intel by the Arria 10 board manufacturer.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Zawani_M_Intel
Employee

Hi ,

I am reviewing your issue, please allow me some time to provide the solution.

Stay safe and take care!

Wani

0 Kudos
gggwood
Beginner

I have a similar question. We need to upgrade FPGAs in the field and the most expedient, reliable, mechanism is through a USB Blaster and Intel tools.

Another query was made:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-FPGA-Software-Installation/License-requirement-for-Quartus-Prime-Programmer-Standard/m-p/1223841

Neither of these have received a response other than 'we'll look into it'.

Is there an answer to this? Can we freely ship the standalone programmer?

0 Kudos
FvM
Valued Contributor III

Hi,

unfortunately the original question was never answered by an Intel representative.
I'm also interested in the answer. 

Best regards,
Frank

0 Kudos
FvM
Valued Contributor III

Additional question, if we want to use OpenOCD, how about the license status of USBBlaster 2 driver firmware, specifically quartus/linux64/blaster_6810.hex?

0 Kudos