What are the license requirements for “Quartus Prime Programmer and Tools”? Is it free to use or do we need an extra license to preinstall it on a productsy?
We want to install “Quartus Prime Programmer and Tools” on an embedded HW/SW system for updating an Intel Arria 10 SoC in the field via JTAG. Usage conditions:
- Installed package: QuartusProgrammerSetup-188.8.131.521-linux.run
- Intel download link: https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/20.1/?edition=lite&platform=linux&product=qprogrammer#tabs-4 --> “Quartus Prime Programmer and Tools”
- Installed on: X86 PC with Intel Xeon CPU and Debian Linux OS
- Usage: Programming an Intel Arria 10 SoC via USB-JTAG. The Arria 10 SoC is also part of the product.
- Used JTAG Programmer: Embedded JTAG USB blaster based on MAX 5 and FTDI integrated into the Arria 10 board.
- The embedded JTAG USB blaster was licensed from Intel by the Arria 10 board manufacturer.