Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1155 Discussions

Merge two floating license servers to one?

Kent
Novice

Hi,

I have a set of licenses for quartus, dsp builder and ip-blocks, all being floating licenses, genereated 2017-12-01. I have tried to change the license server 2020-01-14 using altera license self service as described in software installation and licensing documentation (update computer in the computer and license fails tab), but ended up with only parts of the licenses moved to the new license server.

I now see both new and old license servers in the self service system (computers and license files tab), where the old server license history shows all licenses (including IP-VITERBI/SS, IP-VITERBI/HS etc.), but the new license server only showing the parts of the licenses (missing IP-VITERBI/SS etc.).

If I try to change the machine info for the old license server (update computer) it only gives an error "Primary computer xxxx.xxxx.xxx already exists".

How can I get all the licenses transferred to the new license server? Or have the licenses suddenly disappeared?

Best regards

/Kent

Intel Premium support case  # 00535828

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kent
Novice

Issue solved through the help given using private messages. The licenses where merged and I was after that able to create a new license file using the self service licensing center.

Thanks.

Best regards

/Kent

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. To narrow down this issue. Can you provide your

1) Machine OS information

2) License.dat file for OLD and NEW

And for privacy, you can also reply/attach your file in private message.

0 Kudos
Kent
Novice

How can I create a private message? The only thing I find is the ability to post in response to your message, and there are no option to make it private. I do not feel comfortable to share my MAC, ip, etc. of the license servers with the rest of the community.

Best regards

/Kent

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

We PM you a private message.

thanks

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply/answer that I have provided in private message. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos
Kent
Novice

Issue solved through the help given using private messages. The licenses where merged and I was after that able to create a new license file using the self service licensing center.

Thanks.

Best regards

/Kent

0 Kudos