Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.

Move Quartus to new server

RyanD87
Beginner

This issue is regarding Quartus Prime Standard Edition (Intel FPGA Software and IP License).

This software was installed on an old server that is no longer available. I have the email we received from Intel, along with the perpetual license data file and am wondering if I would be able to transfer the product to our new server. Would anyone be able to help with this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Welcome to the INTEL forum. Based on my understanding, you could rehost/transfer you license in SSLC, follow the guidance and rehost step here.

Guidance: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683472/22-4/using-the-intel-fpga-self-service-licensing.html

0 Kudos
RyanD87
Beginner

Hi there-

I combed through some of those articles and unfortunately I'm stuck. I tried adding it to LMTools and received a few errors but ultimately I think there's some type of configuration I'm missing.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

HI

Could you provide the error message screenshot to further check. Thanks

0 Kudos
RyanD87
Beginner

This is the first error I got:

RyanD87_0-1716987382750.png

Made some adjustments and now I'm here:

RyanD87_1-1716987394781.png

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Thanks for update. The FlexNet licensing error code -96,491 generally indicates an issue with the license server, specifically relating to the inability to connect to the license server. This error can occur due to various reasons, such as network issues, server configuration problems, or firewall settings.

Could you first help to restart Services. Sometimes restarting the license server and related services can resolve connectivity issues.

Restart License Server: Use the Services management console or command line to restart the FlexNet license server service. cmd

·        net stop "FlexNet Licensing Service"

·        net start "FlexNet Licensing Service"

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Since we haven't received any response from you, I assume that my previous message has provided the necessary clarification. I will now transfer this conversation to community support. If you have any new queries, please feel free to open a new thread to receive assistance from Intel experts. Alternatively, the community users will be available to assist you further on this existing thread. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

0 Kudos