Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1153 Discussions

Not able to download any FPGA tools or software

IWaugh
Novice

Hi Intel Support team,

I am having trouble downloading Quartus and ModelSim tools from your website. I have tried from 2 different physical locations (in AU), with Chrome, Brave, Firefox, Safari, Edge (!). Adblocker on and adblocker off.

Attempts:

Linux : Pro : 20.1 - I get no reaction from the circular blue download button (combined files or individual files).

Windows : Pro : 20.1 - I get no reaction from the circular blue download button (combined files or individual files).

Linux : Lite : 19.1 - I get no reaction from the circular blue download button (combined files or individual files).

Windows : Lite : 19.1 - I get no reaction from the circular blue download button (combined files or individual files).

Windows : Lite : 18.1 - I get a "Legal Disclaimer" from the circular blue download button (combined files or individual files), but "I Agree" closes the disclaimer and nothing happens.

Windows : Pro : 18.1 - I get a "Legal Disclaimer" from the circular blue download button (combined files or individual files), but "I Agree" closes the disclaimer and nothing happens.

Linux: Pro : 14.0 - I get a "Legal Disclaimer" from the circular blue download button (combined files or individual files), but "I Agree" closes the disclaimer and nothing happens.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Iain

0 Kudos
1 Solution
IWaugh
Novice

I got a download link by using Firefox Javascript debug to breakpoint at the failing line (above), then a direct link could be seen in the Javascript variables.

The direct download worked, so the problem appears to be a bug in the Javascript used to redirect clients to the actual file. I cannot say why it works for the developers and not for me; I suggest clearing your browser cache before trying to replicate.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SyafieqS

Hi Iain,

I have tried to download all the listed Quartus for LInux and Window version there from Window machine and I not able to replicate the issue. I suspect that it could be due to something block the packet like firewall or antivirus etc. Try to disable for moment. Make sure you have a strong connection to download it and from my side >1.1Mbps. Just for sharing, I have the issue where I click the circle with arrow and blue button to download, nothing popup. Thus I wait a little bit and the download window popup asking path to save and good to go.

Thanks,

Regards.

0 Kudos
IWaugh
Novice

I have 90Mbps download speed. I have tried with my firewall on and with it off (just a NAT firewall left); neither work.

I enabled the Web Console in Firefox and looked at the logs. I refreshed the page and saw this line come up.

Loading failed for the <script> with source “https://client.akamai.com/dlm/dlm.js”. 17.1:306:1

Later, when I click the download button for 19.1 Linux Lite, I get this error:

TypeError: wap_tms.custom is undefined common.js:36:5 recordOutboundLink https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/static/v2/js/common.js:36 success https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/static/v2/js/common.js:179 jQuery 4 i fireWith A c

When I try with 17.1 Linux Lite, I get the Legal Disclaimer window with no extra entries in the web console, then I get the same error as above when I click "I agree".

0 Kudos
IWaugh
Novice

I got a download link by using Firefox Javascript debug to breakpoint at the failing line (above), then a direct link could be seen in the Javascript variables.

The direct download worked, so the problem appears to be a bug in the Javascript used to redirect clients to the actual file. I cannot say why it works for the developers and not for me; I suggest clearing your browser cache before trying to replicate.

Marwan_Alsahafi
Beginner

@IWaugh, I got same problem but I couldn't find option for direct download.

I come with following solution, where  you need to write in JS console:

wap_tms.custom =  {trackDownload: function() { return false;}}

This solve problem for me, and now I can download any file.