Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.

OpenCL BSP for Intel Agilex

Quantitative_Finance
New Contributor I

Are there any BSPs available for the Intel Agilex?  If not, do you know when it will be available? I have a Terasic DE-Agilex board that I want to use OpenCL with...

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Quantitative_Finance
New Contributor I

Hi BB,

You can close this request as I was able to get a beta version of the OpenCL BSP for the Agilex from Terasic...

Regards,

QG

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @Quantitative_Finance,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum, hope this message find you well and apologies for the delayed in response.
As of today unfortunately there is no available OpenCL BSP support for Agilex, and we do not have the visibilities on when it would be available. However, as soon as it is available, the Intel Product Planning team will be communicating them out. If situation where bigger device are needed for more complex and larger kernels, perhaps migration to future board might be the best bet.

Warm regards.
BB

0 Kudos
Quantitative_Finance
New Contributor I

Thanks for getting back to me.  I am a bit surprised with Agilex being touted as one of the next big FPGA platforms and BSPs are not yet available.  I already have larger FPGAs at my disposal like the Stratix 10 and Arria 10, but I really wanted to get my hands dirty with the Agilex.  I guess I will have to wait...

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @Quantitative_Finance,

Thank you for your patients, after some digging around I am able to found a references BSP for Agilex with terasic here. Do have a look and please let us know if this is what you are seeking for.
With that we would proceed to close this thread, if you have further queries, Please do post a response in the next 15 days.
After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

Note: Official support for agiles with opencl will comes in version 20.4.

Warm Regards
BB

0 Kudos
Quantitative_Finance
New Contributor I

Hi BB,

Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately, that is the BSP for the board and NOT the BSP for OpenCL. I already have that CD as it came with the board.  It will not help to get OpenCL working...

Regards,

QG

0 Kudos
Quantitative_Finance
New Contributor I

Hi BB,

You can close this request as I was able to get a beta version of the OpenCL BSP for the Agilex from Terasic...

Regards,

QG

0 Kudos
CyberSam
Beginner

I got this issue to but as the board wasn't purchased by department where I do graduate study I cannot get download link from Terasic.

Would you, please,  be able to share download address or upload it on for example,  google docs and share in private message.

Kindest regards,

Sam

0 Kudos