Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1155 Discussions

Quartus II 12.0 License for Stratix III

NSTER1
Beginner

I'm a student working with a Stratix III board. I'm trying to get a licence for Quartus 12.0 SP2. I have the web edition, but when I try to compile code, it says I need a special licence because its a Stratix III device. I've been trying to find a license, but since the Stratix III is so old, all the links are dead since they're from before Intel bought Altera.

Thanks,

-Nick

0 Kudos
5 Replies
NSTER1
Beginner

Hi Vicky,

I've looked at the resources you've linked, but I can;t find anywhere to obtain an academic licence. This is a project I'm doing as a student, and I certainly cant afford the $3-4k license for a full Quartus Prime License. Is there anyway I can get a free academic license, especially since the Stratix III is over a decade old and officially lacking support in many areas?

Thanks,

-Nick

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi Nick,

For Stratix III devices, you can use the Quartus II Web edition(versions) that don`t require the license, as shown in below,

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/downloads/download-center.html

Stratix III.JPG

Intel also provided free Intel Quartus Prime Lite Edition and ModelSim - Intel FPGA Starter Edition software does not require a license.

For students Intel has started Intel FPGA University Program,

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/training/university/overview.html

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
hrnbrain
Beginner

Hi Nick. I was also looking for Quartus for Stratix III. I lost the install files when my PC crashed a few months ago. Would it too much to ask for you to share the install files? Can you help a brother out? Sorry I am not able to help you with problems.

0 Kudos
alali
Beginner

Hi,

I am also looking for quartus 2 web edition which makes the STRATIX III work, is there a solution?

THANKS,

ALALI

0 Kudos