Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
801 Discussions

Quartus II 12.0 License for Stratix III

NSTER1
Beginner

I'm a student working with a Stratix III board. I'm trying to get a licence for Quartus 12.0 SP2. I have the web edition, but when I try to compile code, it says I need a special licence because its a Stratix III device. I've been trying to find a license, but since the Stratix III is so old, all the links are dead since they're from before Intel bought Altera.

Thanks,

-Nick

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vicky1
Employee
NSTER1
Beginner

Hi Vicky,

I've looked at the resources you've linked, but I can;t find anywhere to obtain an academic licence. This is a project I'm doing as a student, and I certainly cant afford the $3-4k license for a full Quartus Prime License. Is there anyway I can get a free academic license, especially since the Stratix III is over a decade old and officially lacking support in many areas?

Thanks,

-Nick

Vicky1
Employee

Hi Nick,

For Stratix III devices, you can use the Quartus II Web edition(versions) that don`t require the license, as shown in below,

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/downloads/download-center.html

Stratix III.JPG

Intel also provided free Intel Quartus Prime Lite Edition and ModelSim - Intel FPGA Starter Edition software does not require a license.

For students Intel has started Intel FPGA University Program,

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/training/university/overview.html

Regards,

Vicky

hrnbrain
Beginner

Hi Nick. I was also looking for Quartus for Stratix III. I lost the install files when my PC crashed a few months ago. Would it too much to ask for you to share the install files? Can you help a brother out? Sorry I am not able to help you with problems.