Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1155 Discussions

Quartus II 15.0 keeps on asking license setup

SKerc1
Beginner

Hello,

I have a license available for Quartus Pro edition and Quartus II Development Kit Edition. I used it with Quartus Prime 19.1 without any problem. I however also need to install Quartus II 15.0 and I'm not sure if it is working or not. At each Quartus II start up, a dialog window pops up asking to set up the license even if I already set up.

Screenshot from 2019-11-28 11-21-11.png

I'm working with CentOS7.

I added the license to the folder ~/altera/license/. I specified the license file path accordingly in the Quartus License Setup. It seems to find information related to the license since the License setup window shows license type: full version, expiration 30-jun-2023. There is however no info regarding the NIC ID or HOST ID. And each time I restart Quartus, I keep on getting the License Setup Required dialog window, which I don't understand since the license location has been memorised by Quartus.

Screenshot from 2019-11-28 11-22-57.png

How can I check that the license is recognised by Quartus, and how can I stop getting that dialog box at start up?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. Based on my understanding. CentOS 7. version is not an officially support OS for Quartus. An unsupported platform means that some things may work, but others not, and we won't put any resources into debugging or diagnosing. We recommended to use the right OS for Quartus. For more details refer the below link, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/download/os-support.html

0 Kudos
SKerc1
Beginner

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. It's true I didn't think about checking the supported OS for that version of Quartus. I'll try to make it run on an older OS :) and see what happens.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks for update..

0 Kudos