Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.

Quartus II web edition 13.1

sgh5122
Beginner

Hello,
My company and I previously purchased three Cyclone III Altera FPGAs years ago and we are trying to use them today. We are trying to download Quartus II Web Edition version 13.1 as that is the most recent version of the software that can be used with this hardware. When we try and find the EULA and/or documentation for Quartus II Web Edition version 13.1 we can only find documentation going only as far back at version 14.0. We simply need to know if Quartus II Web Edition version 13.1 can be used for commercial activity or not. Do any of you know where a copy of the EULA or any relevant documentation that would answer our question can be found for version 13.1 ?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Nurina
Employee
0 Kudos
sgh5122
Beginner

Thank you for your response. However, this handbook seems like purely a guide for using the actual software. Is there anywhere within the handbook that will allow us to understand if the Web edition of Quartus version 13.1 can be used for commercial use?

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

The handbook doesn't have that information. It should be fine for commercial use. However, I suggest that you use later versions (v18.1 and later) as v13.1 is going to be obsolete and you'd have better support with the later versions in case you come across a bug that has not been reported before.

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
sgh5122
Beginner

Hello,

We appreciate your additional reply. We would love to use a new version of Quartus such as v18.1, however as can be seen in the below link, version 13.1 is the latest version that supports the Cyclone III. 

Download Center for FPGAs (intel.com)

Who would I talk to if I needed to get it in strict writing that this web edition is approved for commercial use?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Can you let me know what you mean by commercial use? What kind of projects do you plan on designing?

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
sgh5122
Beginner

What we mean by commercial use is activity utilizing the software that produces a deliverable that generates revenue for a for profit organization.

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi, 

Here is the license for Quartus v13.1 Web Edition. If you install the software you can find this in <installation folder>/altera/13.1/quartus/license.txt

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

We did not receive any response to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided, thus I will put this case to close pending. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

Regards,
Nurina

PS: If you find any comment from the community or Intel Support to be helpful, feel free to give Kudos.

0 Kudos