Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1143 Discussions

Quartus License not support Arria 10 GX device

wgshnyhlw
Beginner

Hi, 

Our company purchase Quartus Prime Pro Edition License for development, however it always shows error when I try to use opencl to generate kernel file. There are error message and purchased license information:

Terminal error message : Current License file does not support the 10AX115M2F40E2LG device.

Application version: Intel acceleration stack for FPGA 1.2, with Quartus Prime Pro Edition 17.1.1

Device type: Intel acceleration card with Arria 10 GX FPGA

All license in self-service licensing center:

licenselist.png

I generate an license from self-service license center, and upload to Quartus License Setup, which shows like the figure below: 

LicenseSetup.png

My question:

1、In the figure above, why the expriration time of the last three product end up on 2019 year after I upload a new license file?

2、Why my license can not support our PAC with Arria 10 GX FPGA? Did I purchase wrong license product, which is the correct one? 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Yes, the IP core can be purchase separately. There is a choose between fix and float upon purchase of a license, a single-user license that is fixed to a specific computer and a multi-user floating license. Can refer here for details.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683472/21-4/software-license.html

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. To narrow down this issue, can you please provide me

1.license.dat file

2.screenshot error

3. assembler report .asm.rpt file

For privacy, you can also reply/attach file in private message

0 Kudos
wgshnyhlw
Beginner

Hi, 

Thanks for your help. The relevant documents have been uploaded to attachment.

I convert license file to txt format. However, I could not find report.asm.rpt, perhaps it was not be generated yet. So I uploaded all report file which I could find, attached with reportfile.zip.  Please give me some addvice.

Have a good day.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Form you license I could see that the license type is FIX but Quartus Pro is Floating type. Can you confirm this with distributor that you purchase this license? if you are using fix license it should be Quartus fix license also

0 Kudos
wgshnyhlw
Beginner

Hi, 

Thanks. Considering we use Intel Acceleration Stack for Intel Xeon CPU with FPGAs 1.2 version.  Now we plan to purchase the permanent license of the three product shows in the picture below. Should we purchase float type or fix type license for the Quartus Pro bundled in Acceleration stack? 

licensepurchaselist.png

I noticed that the license of acceleration stack can be upload with a License Patch, which need CNDA account to sign in. But the local sales have no idea about this resource as well. They cannot find the License Patch for Intel Acceleration Stack v1.2 for Intel FPGA PAC with Intel Arria 10 GX. 

So, I would like to confirm that if I cannot got the resource of License Patch, can I purchase IP core and PCIe license separately so that Quartus tools in the acceleration stack can run correctly? And which type of license should I purchase, float or fix? 

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Yes, the IP core can be purchase separately. There is a choose between fix and float upon purchase of a license, a single-user license that is fixed to a specific computer and a multi-user floating license. Can refer here for details.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683472/21-4/software-license.html

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hope everything is working well at your side. I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos