Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.

QuestaSim Error

Akhil_Jain
Beginner

I believe that I tried running QuestaSim and got a Fatal License Error that says the following or something like that following: "Unable to checkout a license. Make sure your license file environment variable (e.g., LM_LICENSE_FILE) is set correctly and then run 'lmultil lmdiag' to diagnose the problem."

I was able to download a license file for Questa Simulator and put into Quartus Prime Lite Edition's License Setup the file path to the license file for Questa Simulator. What steps do I need to take? Where should the license file be saved?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Akhil_Jain
Beginner

AR_A_Intel,

Hi. I created an "LM_LICENSE_FILE" variable with a value of a file path to a license file. Afterwards, I power cycled my Windows laptop. Afterwards, I was able to run QuestaSim.

Let me know about whether you want me to do any actions.

Respectfully,

Akhil Jain

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. Kindly provide your Questa license.dat file for further checking.

1) Error message screen shot

2) Machine OS information

3) Quartus version used

For privacy, reply/attach file in private message

0 Kudos
Akhil_Jain
Beginner

AR_A_Intel,

Hi. I created an "LM_LICENSE_FILE" variable with a value of a file path to a license file. Afterwards, I power cycled my Windows laptop. Afterwards, I was able to run QuestaSim.

Let me know about whether you want me to do any actions.

Respectfully,

Akhil Jain

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Sounds good, thanks for sharing and hope everything is working well at your side. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos
pragathi
Beginner

Screenshot (91).png

0 Kudos