Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1155 Discussions

Setting window of quartus is not displayed fully: Resizing of setting window (only) doesn't work

qaziullah
Beginner

Hello,

I have installed quartus 20.1 on ubuntu 20.04 and I having issue with the setting window being not displayed fully. screen shot of the window is attached here.

the portion below the drawn line is not being displayed on screen but it did get in picture when I took screen shot.

the portion below the line contain apply and ok buttons to confirm the any changes in setting and I need this these buttons.

Also only the setting window cannot be resized (resize option is not working for it).

Help will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Kenny_Tan
0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

any update?

0 Kudos
qaziullah
Beginner

@Kenny_Tan  the link is asking to delete the following folder on the computer

1. "~/mw " .

2.  " /tmp/mw_<username>" 

I don't hava "~/mw " or a " /tmp/mw_<username>" directory on my computer.

So the problem is still unresolved.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Can you try the below?

cd to home/<user>/.altera.quartus  rename the quartus2.ini and quartus2.req for linux

and reopen the quartus. this will reset the initial setting of the quartus prime.

0 Kudos
Qazi_Shahid
New Contributor I

I only have quartus2.qreg file in the folder.

what should I rename it to?

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

you can rename it to anythings. This renaming purposes is just for backups in case you need it back in the future.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

any further queries?

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that we have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos