Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1152 Discussions

System Studio giving "Failed to find Intel OpenCL platform on local host"

okramer
New Contributor I

I have an Arria 10 Dev Kit installed on PCIe. What do I have to set up in System Studio for it to find my device? Here's what I can do:

1. I can run "aocl diagnose" successfully.
  2. I can compile kernels using "aoc" with both emulator and board options.
  3. "aocl list-devices" returns the correct info.
  4. I have a few env vars defined, including AOCL_BOARD_PACKAGE_ROOT and INTELFPGAOCLSDKROOT.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Can I have the full error message?

Thanks

0 Kudos
okramer
New Contributor I

On opening System Studio, I get:

Screenshot from 2019-12-06 09-39-57.png

Then after closing that message, I get the next one:

Screenshot from 2019-12-06 10-00-37.png

Then finally:

Screenshot from 2019-12-06 10-02-58.png

Here's some info from the shell:

beast:~/dev/IntelOpenCLClass/OCL_19_1$ aocl list-devices -------------------------------------------------------------------- Device Name: acl0   BSP Install Location: /home/okramer/intelFPGA_pro/19.3/hld/board/a10_ref   Vendor: Intel(R) Corporation   Phys Dev Name Status Information   acla10_ref0 Passed Arria 10 Reference Platform (acla10_ref0) PCIe dev_id = 2494, bus:slot.func = a1:00.00, Gen3 x8 FPGA temperature = 50.5781 degrees C.   DIAGNOSTIC_PASSED -------------------------------------------------------------------- beast:~/dev/IntelOpenCLClass/OCL_19_1$ aoc -rtl SimpleKernel.cl aoc: Running OpenCL parser.... aoc: OpenCL parser completed aoc: Linking Object files.... aoc: Optimizing and doing static analysis of code... aoc: First stage compilation completed successfully. aoc: Archiving the work directory beast:~/dev/IntelOpenCLClass/OCL_19_1$ beast:~/dev/IntelOpenCLClass/OCL_19_1$ echo $INTELFPGAOCLSDKROOT /home/okramer/intelFPGA_pro/19.3/hld beast:~/dev/IntelOpenCLClass/OCL_19_1$ echo $AOCL_BOARD_PACKAGE_ROOT /home/okramer/intelFPGA_pro/19.3/hld/board/a10_ref beast:~/dev/IntelOpenCLClass/OCL_19_1$ echo $QSYS_ROOTDIR /home/okramer/intelFPGA_pro/19.3/qsys/bin beast:~/dev/IntelOpenCLClass/OCL_19_1$ echo $QUARTUS_ROOTDIR /home/okramer/intelFPGA_pro/19.3/quartus

0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi ,

It seems like you have error while running the Intel Visual Studio as same in here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/opencl/topic/812194

Could you try to check the consideration and action as in link above?

Thanks

0 Kudos
okramer
New Contributor I

Those actions didn't work for the OP! Besides, I'm running the linux/eclipse version of System Studio. I've gone through 2 reinstalls (i.e. 3 installs) of ISS but the problem persists. At this point I have fallen back to using CLion, my usual IDE, with cross-compiling to invoke the aoc compiler. I'm not even sure what value System Studio adds to the dev process, so I'll just skip using it for now as I don't have the time to pursue this anymore. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I am glad to see you have success on your work.

Thanks

0 Kudos