Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.

missing lib file libedit

SKinz
Novice

'm trying to get quartus 19.1 installed under ubuntu 18.04. I followed the installation guide to install a series of 32-libraries. Quartus still complains that it can't find libedit.so. The latest 64-bit version is installed. Can anyone direct me to a 32-bit lib of the correct version or do I need to create a link?

Thanks

Skip

0 Kudos
4 Replies
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Which Red Hat are you using? 4,5,6?

You can find the libedit 32 bit file for Red Hat here:

https://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=libedit&submit=Search+...&system=&arch=

Let me know if the problem persist.

Regards.

0 Kudos
SKinz
Novice

Hi,

So, I have two big servers, lots of memory multiple 3.6G cores, and a laptop. The servers run Ubuntu 16.04 and the laptop runs 18.04. After installing the :136 files, (though why at this point 32-bit support is required is beyond me) and creating some links to libraries that are not installed as part of those 32-bt libraries, libedit being one of them, I have the Quartus 19.1 running under 18.04. But, it requires python3.6 which is not in the 16.04 repository so I need to find a way to install python3.6 on ubuntu 16.04 since I cannot upgrade these machines at this time to get 19.1 running.

At this time it appears Quartus 19.1 really doesn't support debian installations, at least not without a few more tweaks not listed. I'll let you know if I get it running under ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

Skip

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

May I know which are the other 32-bit libraries that are required to be install under 18.04?

The issue seems to be similar case for Quartus 18.1 on ubuntu 18.04 LTS:

https://www.intel.com/content/altera-www/global/en_us/index/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/tools/2019/why-does-my-quartus-prime-18-1-fail-to-run-on-ubuntu-18-04-lts-.html

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards.

0 Kudos
SKinz
Novice

OK, sorry about the delay getting back to you. For Ubuntu 16.04 I needed to link the latest xcerses library back to the previous version. Then I found a post on the permissions bug were I needed to change permissions on the quartus structure. Once I did that all was OK.

Now all I have is an issue where the interface planner thinks I don't have a license for the 10AT115S1F45E1SG but quartus thinks is OK. I'm going to try the latest lmgrd and re-start the license manager to see if that clears it. But it is annoying.

Thanks

Skip