Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1143 Discussions

struggling with QuestaSim license for quartus prime lite version 21.1

Franck
Beginner

Hello there,

I have obtained a license for running QuestaSim and I think that I have filled the options/license and different configurations properly but I am still getting a license related error when launching the simulation. Did anyone come across the same issue?

a)License path setting

Franck_0-1641290389407.png

b)error message

Franck_1-1641290436664.png

c)EDA Tool options config

Franck_2-1641290505337.png

d)Assignment EDA config:

Franck_4-1641290692353.png

Thanks Franck

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Sir

Welcome to INTEL forum. To further understand the issue, could you get me the:

1) Screenshot of environment variables setup

2) Machine OS information

3) lmutil lmdiag

4) License.dat file (Questa)

5) NICID (Mac add)

And for privacy, you can reply/attach your file in private message

0 Kudos
davbac
Beginner

I'm having the same issue, but I don't even get the error message, the simulation just doesn't start and from Quartus everything seems fine (except it doesn't work).

I'm sure the problem is with the license because running manually the `vrun` file yields "Error: License error: Feature 'qvrm' is unavailable", even though `lmutil lmdiag` returns "This is the correct node for this node-locked license"

I'm running on linux (kubuntu20.04)

0 Kudos
Franck
Beginner

On my side since the feedback from Intel was received unfortunately very late, I removed version 21.1 and installed version 20.1.1 instead to get modelsim and I everything is now working fine on my side. This is a bit unfortunate since I would really liked to solve the issue but I was getting nowhere....

Best regards,

Franck

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We have not heard from you and It is not recommended to keep a Case idle too long without activities. I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos
davbac
Beginner

I guess we can call it solved, Quartus still doesn't open Questa, but I've found a workaround, since Questa will actually start if the `vsim` program is called directly by terminal. So I'm guessing the thread should be closed since it's not a license problem anymore

0 Kudos