Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

Audio Codec IP core UP

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm trying to use the audio core with the Nios IDE. Well, i think that i had no problems to link the libraries for the nios IDE. My problem is when i use the functions of the core.  

My code do this: 

- First i open the device with alt_up_audio_open_dev. The datasheet mention that the parameter of this function use only the name in the SOPC builder but it doesn't compile. So I check the system.h and found that the audio module is named# define AUDIO_0_NAME. 

- Now I read read the fifo with the function : alt_up_audio_read_fifo. I add some code to print the return of this function. The first time it return the number of words that i put in the function, but when i reset the system, it only read 2 or 1 word from the fifo. 

Maybe someone can help me with this. 

Thanks,
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am sorry but i cant help you because i am stacked in the same spot!!! If you manage to make it work please post your version....or email me ok? If i find something i will do the same. 

thanks a lot 

fasmatikos