Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1175 Discussions

CSV import to assignment editor help

masterboyle
Beginner

Hi,

I'm using Quartus Lite 20.1.1 with a terasic de0-nano. I'm following some online tutorials and trying to get a pinout file saved in csv format to import in the assignment editor. The error I get is "Warning (125066): Can't import all assignments from Comma-Separated Value File ...The following lines are missing required columns or contain other errors."

I tried to import from the example materials a known good csv and it worked. I copied the known good column headers into my file thinking that was the issue and it did not work. I'm not exactly clear how to perfectly name column headers so they import into Quartus correctly. 

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

You might need to modify the CSV File so that it contains the necessary columns, or recreate the CSV File from the Quartus > Assignment Editor.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi, 

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos
masterboyle
Beginner

I attached the files above that I think show that the problem is not just in the column naming. My columns are named the same as the  "good" file, and will not import. 

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi, 

Try to open the "bad" file and save the file as in CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv) format. I try to save the "good" file to CSV UTF-8 (Comma delimited) (*.csv) instead and the import assignment does not work. 

Let me know if it helps. 

0 Kudos
masterboyle
Beginner
0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Do you able to solve the issue? 

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi, 

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos