Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1079 Discussions

DE2-115 / TRDB-D5M VHDL how to get image data from the D5M camera?

Bvand9
Beginner

I am a college student in embedded systems and automation and was tasked to make a robot using a DE2-115 FPGA board and TRDB-D5M camera.

Now I'm trying to let the camera output a data-stream to the FPGA to analyse the data of a single image. I have been searching the web for some code that can use as inspiration or example for my task, but have so far been unsuccessful in finding any code that i can read and use to help my project.

I have found some usefull data sheets for when i finaly get the camera working so i need no help there.

finally I can only read a few programing language's: C, java, python, uCos, batch, processing and VHDL. THIS MEANS I DON'T UNDERSTAND VERILOG and don't start with the "verilog and vhdl look alike" i can not for the life of me understand that anlien language

so pleas help me with vhdl code to let the camera output there data-stream

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Hi, I advise you to find the suitable example for your application here: https://fpgacloud.intel.com/devstore/platform/?search=camera&acds_version=any You can search for camera, video streaming and etc. There are a lot of examples Also I am advising you to look for the mSGDMA IP with NIOS II. this will help you to stream data or to receive a stream data and store it. Regards,