Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1099 Discussions

DE2-70_TV Demonstration program

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I tried to load the DE2-70_TV project that is included with the CD onto the DE2-70 development board. 

I tried to load it directly onto the board without recompiling the project. It however doesn't seem to work. Then I tried compiling it with the Quartus II v11.1 Web Edition, but that also doesn't seem to work.  

Afterwards I tried it with different versions of Quartus, but all three versions (9.1, 10.0 and 10.1) also doesn't work. All I get is a black screen. 

I am using the Terasic DE2-70 Development board with an LCD-TV connected to the VGA-port of the board. As the video-in source, I am using a digital camera that sends out live videofeed. 

Does anybody else experience the same problem or has someone gotten the demo project to work?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You should consult the TerasIC manual that describes the demonstrations that go with the DE2-70 board. 

For the DE2-70_TV project you must use a NTSC composite video camera and connect a display via the VGA port.