Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1082 Discussions

DE2-70 and TMP102 temperature sensor I2C

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

i´ve some problems getting correct values. 

I´ve implemented an I2C Master in Verilog to get the temp values out of tmp102 module. 

1. I transmit the address of the tmp102 and it response with an ACK. 

2. After I receive the ACK I set the inout wire to z so that the tmp102 is able to manipulate the bus. 

3. I receive the correct temp 00011101 = 29C° (right now in Germany) on the oscilloscpe(TDS210) but the transmitted 0 are 0,640V high. 

Thats as high as my z Value and my FPGA read this 0,540V as 1. 

BUT the ACK is the one and only correct 0 = 0V. 

In the end I´ve correct 0 = 0V , 1 = 3,3V and z = 0,640V from my FPGA and the correct 1 = 3,3V and wrong 0 = 0,640V from my tmp102 module. 

Code. 

The inout sda is connected to a tristate register assign sda = (en) ? puffer : 1'bz;

en is my enable register that is set to 0 after transmitting the adress and to 1 if I want to send something. 

puffer is my data register which I feed with addresses and everything else I wand to transmit on the sda bus. 

Does anyone have an idea how to pull the incorrect 0 to 0V or to tell my fpga to interpret this 0,640V as 0 and not 1? 

I already tried resistors from 120MOhm to 1KOhm but it pulls both my 3,3V to 2V and my 0,640V down to 0,540V with the same results.
0 Kudos
0 Replies