Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1174 Discussions

Difference between IP Catalog and Component Editor in Platform Designer

Mathiazhagan
Novice

Hi all,

I have a question on what is the difference between IP catalog in quartus and component editor in platform designer in intel, Both have in built IPs but while configuring those IPs there is a difference between both.

For eg.., ROM 1 Port in IP Catalog and ROM 1 Port in platform designer have various parameters that can be customized , How can i use the customized ROM 1 port of platform designer in my design as a block symbol file.

In ROM 1 Port of IP Catalog in quartus have no customization of latency, but in the component editor ROM 1 Port of platform designer have the customization of latency. So kindly help me out in this issue 

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Right. There are some differences between IP catalog and component editor on parameters configuring but both can be used. You can choose which one to use based on what parameters you want to customize. Obviously, platform designer got more configuration features.

When you generate HDL, enable Create block symbol file (.bsf) feature under synthesis to create block symbol file.

Best regards,
Sheng

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Right. There are some differences between IP catalog and component editor on parameters configuring but both can be used. You can choose which one to use based on what parameters you want to customize. Obviously, platform designer got more configuration features.

When you generate HDL, enable Create block symbol file (.bsf) feature under synthesis to create block symbol file.

Best regards,
Sheng

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

May I know any update or Should I consider that case to be closed?

0 Kudos