Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1079 Discussions

Installing UPDS v11.0 Issues

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hello, I'm having some difficulty installing the new (v11.0) version of the UPDS.  

I have had this issue before and I had to create an Environmental Variable SOPC_KIT_NIOS2 = <location> in order to install the package. This time, however, the SOPC_KIT_NIOS2 is set correctly at c:\altera\11.0\nios2eds but I'm still getting an error: 

"Atera University Program Design Suite (V11.0) requires Quartus II version 11.0" 

my QUARTUS_ROOTDIR is c:\altera\11.0\quartus (in case that could be the issue) 

I have Quartus II v11.0 installed and it's operational, and with the SOPC_KIT_NIOS2 variable set I'm unsure what to do next. Any suggestions? Thanks!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

You may want to download Quartus v11.0 again and try an uninstall/reinstall of both Quartus and the UPDS. I don't know for certain if this will help or not. 

I can report that I did NOT have any issue with the UPDS v11.0 installer. (This was a very welcome change.) I'm currently running it on Windows XP Pro SP3.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

I noticed Altera updated version 11 of the UPDS the day after I posted my suggestion. If you are still having an issue, you may want to download the installer again to insure you are using the latest version.