Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1174 Discussions

Not able to generate programming files for de1 soc board with cyclone5 fpga

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Can someone pls explain how to generate .pof and .sof files for a de1soc board. it has cyclone 5 fpga. 5CSEMA5F31C6. I'm using a web edition.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Akshatha31, 

Normally, assuming that you have a design ready to go within Quartus, you press "compile design" in the task window (open the task window with alt+6), and grab a coffee afterwards. Once compilation is done, you will have both *.pof and *.sof files in your project folder. You can upload the *.sof file to your de1 soc board using the button "program device". 

regards, Richard.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi Akshatha31, 

Normally, assuming that you have a design ready to go within Quartus, you press "compile design" in the task window (open the task window with alt+6), and grab a coffee afterwards. Once compilation is done, you will have both *.pof and *.sof files in your project folder. You can upload the *.sof file to your de1 soc board using the button "program device". 

regards, Richard. 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi Richard, 

I did the normal compilation. But nothing is generated..! tried the convert programming files option too...But its asking for an initial sof file..Which isnt there....! Any other settings that I need to do?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Are you looking in the right place? They should be in the output_files folder.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey! Thanks a ton!! The files were sitting neatly in the output_files folder!! :)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi, initially where did you check the files from? may bei can take note in the future.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

There is a folder called output files..This folder is generated automatically after compilation...It contains all compilation reports, and pof sof files...You will find it there.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

got it... thanks for the information!

0 Kudos