Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1049 Discussions

Not able to generate programming files for de1 soc board with cyclone5 fpga

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Can someone pls explain how to generate .pof and .sof files for a de1soc board. it has cyclone 5 fpga. 5CSEMA5F31C6. I'm using a web edition.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi Akshatha31, 

Normally, assuming that you have a design ready to go within Quartus, you press "compile design" in the task window (open the task window with alt+6), and grab a coffee afterwards. Once compilation is done, you will have both *.pof and *.sof files in your project folder. You can upload the *.sof file to your de1 soc board using the button "program device". 

regards, Richard.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi Akshatha31, 

Normally, assuming that you have a design ready to go within Quartus, you press "compile design" in the task window (open the task window with alt+6), and grab a coffee afterwards. Once compilation is done, you will have both *.pof and *.sof files in your project folder. You can upload the *.sof file to your de1 soc board using the button "program device". 

regards, Richard. 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi Richard, 

I did the normal compilation. But nothing is generated..! tried the convert programming files option too...But its asking for an initial sof file..Which isnt there....! Any other settings that I need to do?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Are you looking in the right place? They should be in the output_files folder.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hey! Thanks a ton!! The files were sitting neatly in the output_files folder!! :)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

hi, initially where did you check the files from? may bei can take note in the future.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

There is a folder called output files..This folder is generated automatically after compilation...It contains all compilation reports, and pof sof files...You will find it there.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

got it... thanks for the information!