Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1180 Discussions

Renew network license for Questa Intel® FPGA Edition - Questa Plus UCSD - URGENT

msark
Novice

We need a new license file for UCSD users, the course need access to Questa 100 license seats.

Please see our expired license information below.

# Intel Corporation Software and/or Intellectual Property License File
# Issued 10 October 2022
# Upgrade to these products will no longer be available after the Maintenance Expiration
# date unless licenses are renewed.
# Floating Server License
# Primary Machine Name-its-flex-srv
# Primary Machine ID-NIC ID 005056810075
# Redundant Server 2-N/A
# Redundant Server 3-N/A
# Product License Summary:
# University License NIOS II Soft Processor FPGA IP, 100 Seat(s)
# - Maintenance Expiration of 2031.10
# - License Expires 10-Oct-2031
# DSP Builder - University, 100 Seat(s)
# Quartus PRO Edition Float for University Program, 100 Seat(s)
# University License NIOS II Soft Processor FPGA IP, 100 Seat(s)
# - Maintenance Expiration of 2028.01
# - License Expires 07-Jan-2028
# DSP Builder - University, 100 Seat(s)
# - Maintenance Expiration of 2028.01
# - License Expires 07-Jan-2028
# Questa*-Intel® FPGA Edition - Questa Plus, 100 Seat(s)
# - Maintenance Expiration of 2022.10
# - License Expires 12-Oct-2022
# OpenCL SDK for University, 100 Seat(s)
# - Maintenance Expiration of 2019.01

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

For University license and related. Sign into the FPGA Academic Program website and request software licenses and hardware from there.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/topic-technology/fpga-academic/membership.html      

But if you still have any question regarding University/Intel Academic Program, drop an Email to fpgauniversity@intel.com              

Our university team will help and answer your question, please direct your communications to Dan Michek daniel.michek@intel.com and Nicolette Oki nicolette.oki@intel.com.

0 Kudos
SDunc1
Beginner

Hi

Sorry to hear you are having licensing troubles.  On a related note, I posted an email to that address coming up 2 weeks ago, and I have not received a reply.  

Trying the Sign In button, i get a long pause before HTTP Error 500 comes back.

Our license does not expire until January, but I tried reaching out early due to the lack of quick turnaround I saw last winter when trying to renew the ModelSIM component of our license.  The lack of quick turnaround greatly impacted our courses.

Our instructors are still using older hardware and comfortable using ModelSIM instead of Questa with their students.

I will be watching this thread, and I hope to see that your issue is resolved.  Because it will be my turn pretty soon as well ....

0 Kudos
msark
Novice

Why don't you provide a form for UC system administrators to fill out and receive a new network license file in 2 business days. It takes weeks and it is sooooooooooooo frustrating to initiate the request. If you don't want to support instructional courses, please post it on your site. The instructors can't wait a week or 2 for Intel team to provide a simple, very simple network license file. Other companies send us a license file in couple of hours via email request to their licensing team. 

Hope you can catch up and improve your site!

AR_A_Intel
Employee

I believe our university team have provide the license needed. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced, and I appreciate your feedback. We are continuously working to enhance and improve our site. Your input is valuable, and we will certainly take it into consideration as we strive to provide a better user experience. I've provided feedback to internal team for future release enhancement.

Meanwhile, this thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos