Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1174 Discussions

Temporary licenses for students

DHaes
Beginner

I teach a course at NJIT (ECE661 Control Systems) and we cover DSP Builder as part of the class.   I’m teaching it now, the fall semester.   For the past 10 years or so Altera (now Intel) has provided temporary licenses (3 month) for Quartus and DSP Builder.   I’d like to put in a request for licenses this year.  I don’t know who is currently handling University Relations.   Can you point me in the right direction to the right person?    Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hazlina_R_Intel

Hi David,

The licensing team came back and reported that they never received any licensing request from you. Can you please double check your inbox again for the email sent from "Intel FPGA University Program" upon your registration? Our record has indicated that you have received this email. You may use these keywords in your search "Intel FPGA University Program". There is a link in that email where you can access to request the licenses for your classes.

If you can't find the email, here is the link: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/secure/develop/fpga-membership-details.html

Please access the above link and request the license there.

Let me know if you have further questions. I apologize that this email didn't come in time for your recent classes but at least you can request the licenses for future classes that you may conduct.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Hazlina_R_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for the question. Please visit https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/topics/fpga-academic.html and then sign in (or register and then sign-in) to request for the free license for the students.

-Hazlina

0 Kudos
DHaes
Beginner

Hi Hazlina:
I did what you recommended -- I Visit https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/topics/fpga-academic.html and then sign in to request for the free license for the students. I navigated down to 'membership request form' which I believe is where you put in the request for student licenses. That link is: https://software.intel.com/formfill/fpga-academic/enrollment-request

I applied for Membership to the Academic Program. I tried but was not able to put in a request for the licenses.  I'm concerned that I'll not get the licenses in time for the next class. Would it be possible for me to email the NIC ID's to you and you could coordinate the generation of temporary licenses and send them back to 'haessig@njit.edu'.?

Thanks;
David Haessig

0 Kudos
Hazlina_R_Intel

Hi David,

I am sorry that you ran into some challenges in requesting for the license. I have forwarded your issue to our University Program Manager along with your recommendation and waiting to hear back. When will your class commence?

-Hazlina

0 Kudos
Hazlina_R_Intel

Hi David,

Your issue has been escalated to the appropriate team last week. Did you receive the follow-up through your registration in the University program portal? I told them that your classes are commencing today (26th) and I have informed the team to expedite the case for you last week.

-Hazlina

0 Kudos
Hazlina_R_Intel

Hi David,

The licensing team came back and reported that they never received any licensing request from you. Can you please double check your inbox again for the email sent from "Intel FPGA University Program" upon your registration? Our record has indicated that you have received this email. You may use these keywords in your search "Intel FPGA University Program". There is a link in that email where you can access to request the licenses for your classes.

If you can't find the email, here is the link: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/secure/develop/fpga-membership-details.html

Please access the above link and request the license there.

Let me know if you have further questions. I apologize that this email didn't come in time for your recent classes but at least you can request the licenses for future classes that you may conduct.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Hazlina_R_Intel

Hi David,

Per our email, the team has received and approved your license. Please do check for the email sent to you on the license approval and let me know if you have any further questions.

-Hazlina

0 Kudos
DHaes
Beginner

Hazlina: I received license seats in Univ Program.   25 DSPB, 25 ModelSim, and 25 Quartus.   When generating the first license I assigned all 25 DSPB and ModelSim seats to one students computer.  None left for the rest.   I thought that it would take one license seat per computer when creating.   I've put in another request with Univ Program to correct the situation.   Wanted to let you know so possibly you can help fix it. Thx

..David

0 Kudos
Hazlina_R_Intel

Noted David.

If you don't receive any response in the next 2-3 days let me know, I can help follow-up.

-Hazlina

0 Kudos