Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1174 Discussions

Terasic RFS module, compilation errors since Quartus version 16.1

luis6
Beginner

Hi,

I own the Terasic RFS module (Wifi+BT+sensors). 

The software that comes with this module used to compile fine with Quartus 16.1.

The software I refer to is any of the examples using the UART IP (for instance Wifi and BT examples).

With any Quartus version after 16.1 it gives some errors related to "clock no initialized" on the UART IP. I have tried to add a new clock (as suggested on some forums) but it does not help.

Also I have found that Quartus 16.1 UART IP is not the same on later versions.

My question is simple: has anyone been able to compile the Terasic RFS examples with any Quartus version greater than 16.1? Quartus 16.1 is not available for download anymore. The oldest version available for download is 17.0.

In case you are wondering why I have not asked this to Terasic itself is because they forward questions to this forum.

Any help is appreciated.

inaki.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

This design was built by Terasic. Do you have the link to download? Do you know why Terasic cannot support the design upgrade? They supposed to upgrade their design.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hi, 

I tried to compile the RFS design with Quartus 21.1 lite edition. It can compile successfully. 

Have you ever tried to compile the design? attached is the design archive. 

RFS_Q21v1_compile_success.PNG

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hello, 

you just need to upgrade the IP with Quartus. 

regards,
Farabi

0 Kudos
luis6
Beginner

Thanks for your help.

I Am using Quartus Lite 21.1.

When I load the project, apparently the UART IP is already upgraded to version 17.1 (from 16.1).

The button "Upgrade" on the IP Upgrade Panel is grayed out, so I cannot see any way to upgrade it further.

Please note that I am compiling the "DE115 Wifi Time RTL".

So far, I am unable to compile the project.

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos