Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1175 Discussions

Trouble with DE2 70 control Panel

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am sure it is a stupid problem but after installing QII, Nios suite and copied Control panel SW on my PC i am unable to get connection with DE2_70 board. 

When pusshing the download button i get "Make sure quartus is installed" . 

But it is installed! 

Is there a know problem with installation path as in our company tools must be installed in a dedicated directory wich is not c:\altera

Thanks 

JR
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The control panel software is not relying on specific Quartus installation path. If you are able to connect the board through Quartus Programmer, the DE2 70 control panel should be able as well.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

Thanks for answering, but this is not a problem of physical connection. 

When control panel starts then there is a connection atempt (blue led flashing) , as the board is not loaded then this connection aborts and trying to download it induces the "Make sure quartus is installed" message as reply, here there no connection atempt at all. 

That why i was presuming that there could be a problem with Quartus or Nios installation path. 

I am using licensed regular software not the one supplied with the board. 

JR
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Again, 

I have received a mail from terasic support telling me to try manual loading of .sof and .elf 

For .sof it is easy but for .elf i am supposed to use NiosDownloadBatch.bat and the funy is that this file doesn not exist on the installation you get from the DVD sold with the DE2_70! 

JR
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Encore 

Problem solved with dowloading of version 1.1 of DE2_70 System(i have a 1.0), .bat file is here. 

JR
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'an facing the same problem with the control panel of the Altera DE2-70 board, When trying to "download code" it tells me that "quartus is not installed", so could you please me help me to solve this problem, 

Where can i download the Version 1.1 of DE2-70??? 

Thks, 

M.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos