Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1081 Discussions

UP core: DMA Controller for video -- How to swap to the back buffer address

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello there, 

I am working on a video system with soft processing on Nios II. 

Hardware: Camera MT9P001 (TRDB-D5M), Board DE2-70, LCD (TRDB-LTM). 

I developped a SOPC with the following structure: 

Camera -> ... -> DMA Controller for video (altera_up_avalon_video_dma_controller)  

-> SSRAM -> Pixel Buffer DMA Controller (altera_up_avalon_video_pixel_buffer_dma) -> ... -> LCD. 

Question: 

The entire system functions now. And I'm trying to develop a C program doing some optimizations using the Eclipse. 

I found that it is possible to do a dynamic swapping between the starting buffer and the back buffer for the Pixel Buffer DMA Controller, using the functions defined in "altera_up_avalon_video_pixel_buffer_dma.h" in the BSP project. 

Now I would like to do the same swapping for the DMA Controller so that I can save the video stream in different parts of the SSRAM. But I cant find the same kind ".h" file for DMA Controller. 

Can you help me please? 

!!!: The DMA Controller I'm using is not the /bridges/DMA/DMA Controller, it is the one in the /University Program/Audio & Video 

Thank you very much! :)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Adonis, what are you using as Reset Vector/Exception Vector for your Nios II processor? On my project when I use "on_chip_memory" it works, but when I use sdram it does not work. Do you have any ideas? 

Sorry, I cannot help you with your question.